Monday, May 5, 2008

Sweet Sweet 19

I was sitting on the floor in my room trying to tear myself away from the movie playing on my laptop. I needed to get cracking on my 3 hour maths paper when hwee yin barges in. " You are being kidnapped she screams!"- a t-shirt in her hand - my blindfold and gag to be. She tries to wrap it around my head, sandwiching my headphones together with it on her first attempt. Alissa was laughing hysterically in the background.
Finally after throwing a black jacket over my head (i looked like a total terrorist!~), she led me out of the chalet, across drains, up and down stairs, across ledges and imaginary holes-they had a good time watching me trying to take bigggg steps over nothing. Dini was guiding blindfolded naqiah. Elegantly blindfolded naqiah in a matching purple tie. Suddenly we felt the cool air of the cafe (yes i felt it even beneath the layers of jackets they threw onto me) and a band strikes up 'happy birthday'....ooOoooh!~

They transformed the music room..the rather drab and plain music room into a cocktail party area. It was beauuuutifullll! A warm glow fell over the whole place (they brought in pretty lamps from the boy's chalets), illuminating all our friends who sat there waiting for us, the blindfolded birthday girls. I couldn't have been any more surprised. It was perfection. Flowers stolen from the warden's area was arranged in vases. Sap's homemade apple crumble held 19 candles waiting to be blown out, there was a scrumptious spread on the table. Cocktail sausages, garlic deviled eggs, nachos with tuna on the side and lots and lots sparkling juice.Yumyum. The night was complete with a live band, courtesy of Sani,Loh,Ju Vern and everyone else. We camwhored tonnes, played alot of music...and it was just fun.perfect fun.

Thanx a bunch guys..the originality was amazing..
Nobody could have put it better than Johan when he told me "I wish this was my party."


Cheers to another great year ahead!

No comments: