Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm a believer

Mom and dad arrived after sunset to pick me up from college. My alevel papers start next week, so i'm going to spend a few days unwinding and relaxing in KL before. In the dark, i approached the familiar outline of our car and the family driver waiting outside with the boot open, ready to load my bags. Everything was so normal (the car was even parked on the road, not in the drain)...but it was an unusually dark night. I noticed that we had bought new sunshades for the car. I saw it through the rear window. Ones that had badawi's face on it and a 'undilah barisan nasional'. Very tasteful.Very odd.

The usual procedure is to sign out at the guardhouse before leaving college. When i got out, i suddenly realised that our mercedes had become blue!BLUE!...and a not very nice shade of BLUE!!!...we have had this car for over 10 years, since i was a toddler. It started of as a very pretty shade of ivory. A very unique colour. It was rare to see another car on the road with the same body paint. Then the driver decided to squeeze the car between a bus and divider, scraping the side of the bus in the process and getting random colours of advertisement from the bus stuck on the car. A repaint job was necessary. I chose something that i thought was ivory, but turned out to be more goldish, a real shocker. We got used to it. ...after a long time-nobody fancies gold much in my family.

But now it was blue. And done without telling me. They said that they just felt like a change. So they sprayed it blue. After 10 minutes in the car, sis decides to tell me it wasn't our car. Holy crap!...it was so damn identical, even the interior!..i practically grew up with our car and i couldnt even tell the diff. Well once i knew, i started to notice that there was no sunroof and the seats were a different type of leather. I guess thats why they say i'm blur.

No comments: